Thursday, March 10, 2016

Shamrock Nails: Happy Saint Patrick's Day!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day
I have been buying up nail polish like crazy, there has been a lot of green in these hauls I have done. I have been loving the green nail polish but I feel like it is kind of a weird color to wear by itself. But then I remembered Saint Patrick's Day is on March 17! It gives me the perfect excuse to try out all of my new green polishes!!

First, I started off with a base of "That's Hula-rious" by OPI on all of my nails. Then I decided I wanted my thumb to be a darker green so I used OPI's new color from the New Orleans collection "I'm Soo Swamped." I got I'm Soo Swamped in a mini set of 4 from Ulta, from OPI's New Orleans Collection. I was kind of worried I was going to hate it because it's green, but then I actually loved it! It was very surprising because green is one of my least favorite colors. The light green needed a couple of coats so I went ahead and did that and also added a coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.



The first bit of nail art I did, although I wouldn't call it nail art, I added a layer of green and white glitter. This polish is from Style Essentials, I got it from a BeautyBox5 and it doesn't have a name. After some research, I found it in a 4 pack called Touch of Teal. It has white micro glitter, bars and hexes, and green small hexes, all suspended in a clear jelly. It is a lovely polish and I applied it with a sponge to get a thick layer of glitter without all of the extra jelly.

The next step was to figure out how to draw shamrocks on my nails. I googled pictures of shamrocks and then I took out my dotting tool and I'm Soo Swamped and began by practicing on a piece of paper. I imagined a triangle on my nail, then I put two dots in the center towards the top of my nail as if I was drawing a heart. Then I went down to the sides and made for more dots, I then connected all the dots towards the middle of the shamrock. Although it sounds really easy I made a lot of mistakes. So I used a cleanup brush and acetone and cleaned up my lines.

I was trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my nails and then I decided on a polka dot pattern. There were three different kinds of green the darkest being I'm Soo Swamped, the medium green Finger Paints "Peace Love and Green,"(I couldn't find anywhere to link to, I bought it from Sally's Beauty on final stock) and Essie's "Vibrant Vibes," (this one I got in a mini 4 pk from TJ Maxx) the yellow is a gold metallic polish by Finger Paints, "Golden Glaze."(also from Sally's) I dotted a vertical line straight up my nail and then when from there.

I had to think for a while of what to do on my thumbnail, but I finally decided on a gold shamrock on top of the dark green. I did it with the same technique as before, but with the end of a nail art brush, so it was a little larger than the previous one.

I thought I was done but when looking at my nails my pinky nail seemed oddly empty and then I remembered that I had a gold shredded glitter polish by Sinful Colors "Twilight Twinkles."

Here is the final product:

Alright Dearies I Hope You All Have a Wonderful Day!!

If you have any comments, questions, concerns, or suggestions just let me know in the comments below. :)


Updated 4/7/16



No comments:

Post a Comment