Thursday, March 24, 2016

Weekly Nail Obsession Easter Edition: Easter Bunny and Baby Chick Nails

Oh My Goodness, I can't believe it's Easter already! I am ready to get outta my dorm and go home for the weekend. It has been about a month since I have been home and that is just too darn long! I am absolutely obsessed with these nails. I got the idea from Polished on youtube (Click Here for the video), it is almost exactly the same thing, but I changed up the colors.

I started off with a base coat of white on all of my fingers, even though I covered up my middle and ring fingers with other colors. I used Wet 'n' Wild's French White Creme, but it was a bit streaky so I went over my pinky, index finger, and thumb, with OPI Alpine Snow. After that, I painted my ring finger with OPI Rich Girls and Po' Boys and my middle finger with Finger Paints Frosty Lemonade (the reason I did a white base coat is because this polish is neon and looks gross without one). I painted Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat over all of my nails.



I waited about five minutes and then began painting in the eggshell on the yellow nail with white acrylic paint, I just started by painting a chevron across my nails. Then I filled down to my free edge with acrylic paint. While that was drying I went over to the blue nail and painted a half circle about a third of the way from my free edge. I wanted the ears to look different than my inspiration, so I tapered them off closer to the bunny's head. then I wanted them to be smoother so I went over it with Alpine snow again. I then filled the inside of the bunny's ears with a light pink from Ulta's 4 pc, mini Shine Bright set from Christmas 2015, I also added the bunny's cheeks. I then took my dotting tool and added the eyes and the bunny's nose with Sinful Colors Black on Black, I decided I wanted them to be cuter so I added white highlights to the eyes. Then I added the nose with Finger Paints Michaeltangelo.

I then used the blue and yellow dots and added dots to my three other nails. I then added Sinful Colors Verbena and a darker pink, but the nail still looked empty so I went in with the light pink again. Then I finished all the nails with a fast drying top coat.

Happy Easter Everyone!!!

 Alright Dearies I Hope You All Have a Wonderful Day!!

If you have any comments, questions, concerns, or suggestions just let me know in the comments below. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment