Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Sally Beauty Supply Nail Polish HAUL!!!!!!!!


A couple weeks ago there was a really good sale at Sally Beauty Supply, they had Finger Paints for buy one get one free. I hadn't ever used Finger Paints before, but as I was looking they had a lot of colors I wanted in my collection. Not only were the polishes I bought B1G1 they were also on clearance so I got an even better deal!

The weekend I bought most of the Finger Paints, I was on my way home from college. I bought 6 polishes, I can't remember exactly which ones, but I was so excited, it was a great start to the weekend.

After I got home, I hung out with my family for a bit and then my sister and I hit the town, haha aka we went to Sally's and Family Video. My sister egged me on and I ended up buying 10 more Finger Paints polishes! This was literally the most polish I have ever bought at once.



A couple weeks later I had to go home again, on the way again I bought some more polish. This time, there was a sale on the red tag clearance, any clearance item you bought you would get an extra 50% off.

I bought a couple more Finger Paints, 6 Sally Girl polishes (I believe those are Sally's own indie brand), 3 Nina Ultra Pro, and 2 China Glaze polishes. Oh my goodness I still can't believe I bought that many polishes.

On a different note, that day also bought some dry shampoo and ALL of the Harry Potter Books!!! It was a pretty exciting day!


Overall I bought 15 Finger Paints polishes!! Wow! I still cannot believe I bought this many at once. Even though it has only been a couple weeks, I have used most of these polishes.

 I guess I'll start with the smallest category, The Metallics, even though the orange isn't completely metallic I couldn't think what else it was lol. The first polish is Chromatic Creation, it is a silver chrome polish, I used this on my sister and it was opaque in two coats, it lasted a while and she is active and picks at polish. (links for everything will be below) After that is Golden Glaze, which is a golden metallic. It is also opaque in two
Click here for my post on these nails! 
 coats! I just used this in my Shamrock Nails on my thumb and also on the dotted nails, it had absolutely no trouble covering OPI's I'm Sooo Swamped. The last color is Prints and Printsess (one of my favorite names) which is an orange chromatic polish, I tried this out when I tried out advanced stamping and did citrus nails (sorry I forgot to take pictures, I might redo them though), it was a nice orange just a little too dark for my needs in that look.


Next, I'm going to go over the GLITTERS the best kind of polish!! Starting from the left, You Can Crayon My Shoulder, It is a red glitter suspended in a red jelly base. I used this once and I like the color, but since it is a glitter it was very textured and was terrible to get off, as are most glitters. The polish is a shimmer and usually the small glitter the smoother it is but this polish feels like sandpaper. Definitely use a top coat with it. The next polish is Van Gogh's Violet I haven't used this polish yet, there are holographic hex micro glitters, teeny-tiny metallic purple glitters, all suspended in a very light violet base. Still Life Strawberry is a bright fuschia metallic hex micro glitter, again with the very small metallic glitters the same color as the hexes, suspended in a clear polish. These two polishes are very similar to each other the colors are different obviously, but the glitter combos are extremely similar.

Amazing Glaze is on the Pinky
Copy Cat has gold metallic hex micro glitters but has a shimmer in it that shifts from metallic gold to nearly invisible, suspended in almost clear, but slightly blue tinge polish. Where Art Renoir? is a holographic shimmer polish suspended in a black polish. Amazing Glaze is a polish I have used before, it has a holographic shimmer with iridescent bar glitters suspended in clear polish. The very last glitter polish is Violaceous Vase, this one is most similar to Copy Cat but purple instead of gold, it is suspended in an almost clear base, but this time slightly yellow.

The final installment of polishes are the "cremes", it's in apostrophes because now that I'm looking at these polishes they aren't cremes, not one of them. The first is a shimmer, the other four are neons. Pink Imagination, it is a light bubblegum pink shimmer polish. I used this a couple weeks ago and it took three coats and it was barely opaque. Matisse's Mirage is a bright pink neon polish I haven't used it before, if I did I would probably start with a white base coat so the neon pops. Michaeltangelo (my favorite name!!) is a dark, but still neon orange. Frosty Lemonade is a neon yellow and Peace, Love and Green is a darker neon green.

Finally, we are done with the Finger Paints polishes!!! The next category of polishes is Sally's brand Sally Girl, I have six of their mini polishes, I believe they only made minis but I cannot be 100% sure. I have not used any of these yet! The first polish is an iridescent glitter polish. So Disco is an iridescent polish that shift from blue to green  in direct light but look kind of pink in indirect light suspended in a clear base. No Way! is a scattered holographic micro glitter polish with holo hexes and it is suspended in a sheer black polish. In Love is a polish with really tiny rose gold metallic hexes and then some slightly larger hex micro glitter suspended in a slightly pink tinted base. Zing A Ding (my favorite name of these) is a light lilac polish with tiny white matte flakies in it, I thought I was going to hate the way it looked, but when I painted a swatch on paper I was impressed by how it turned out. The next polish Flake is exactly the same as Zing A Ding but pink instead. Manic is a deep purple polish with a slight metallic finish with teeny-tiny holo glitters in them, you can barely see them unless you really look deep into the polish under direct light.


Guys, we are almost done!! I had never heard of Nina Ultra Pro before, but I bought a couple polishes anyway! The first polish is one mentioned in another post, I actually loved the way this one turned out. I was very scared because I had never worn green on my nails even though this is a very light mint. In the bottle, you see a slight metallic
Weekly Nail Obsession
 shimmer, but it does not transfer onto the nail. It dries a creme mint green. Stroke of Midnight looks light it is suspended in a black base, but it is actually in a clear base and it is just so jam-packed with black glitters that it is hard to see the base. This polish has tiny specks of gold and black glitter and gold and black hex micro glitter, both golds are metallic. The last polish is Blue Blaze, it is a bright blue neon polish, it took three coats to make opaque. I have mixed feelings about this polish, I used it on my sister and not even 24 hours later all 10 of her nails had popped off in one piece, as if I had used a peel off base coat. It was really weird and I feel like it might have been something on her nails or something, maybe she had oils or something on them. I liked the color payoff of the two polishes I have tried, but a couple things I was not a huge fan of was that that the polish dried almost matte and the brush was really wide. I didn't hate the wide brush it was because you could almost do one stroke and cover the whole nail.

I Soiree I Didn't Do It
We have come a long way here are the last two polishes! The lone China Glazes, the first is one I have worn a couple times I Soiree I Didn't Do It, It is a blueish-teal glitter polish with multiple different types of micro glitter, a mixture of green and blue glitters. The glitter is suspended in a teal jelly. This was the subject of Weekly Nail Obsession #1.
Wow! That was a monster of a post if you made it all the way down here comment "I'm a Nail Polish Addict" in the comments!


Alright Dearies I Hope You All Have a Wonderful Day!!

If you have any comments, questions, concerns, or suggestions just let me know in the comments below. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment