Monday, April 4, 2016

Weekly Nail Obsession #5: Cherry Chree's Taro

Disclaimer: I tried out this new brand of nail polish this week. I can't say that I am obsessed with it, but I do like it. I loved the color but I can't say I was totally thrilled with its formula.

Moving right along! Before Christmas when I was home for break I went to a Cookie Exchange Party, as party favors my mom and I both received mini polishes. Since my mom is awesome and knows how obsessed I am with nail polish she gave me hers. <3 I hadn't used them because they were so light and just not appropriate for winter and Christmas time. But now it's spring and I am in the mood for springtime colors!!



I believe the polish came in a pack of minis and therefore, like most minis, it did not have a name on it. Like I have done in the past, I searched high and low to find the name of this polish, (I googled it haha), I found a pack of minis on eBay (Click Here) and the color I think I have is called Taro I'm not 100% sure about that so don't hold me to it.

I really like the color, I don't have many pastel or springy colors, so I was happy that this one looked good. I started off with two coats of Taro and it was still pretty streaky and every stroke I did would bring up the last layer I had done. Since I'm impatient I used a couple drops of OPI's Drip Dry, then I applied a third layer, I don't know what happened, this layer went on so terribly! It almost looked like cottage cheese. I suspect that it was the Drip Dry, but it could have been the polish. Although it looked terrible, I applied a top coat anyway and that helped a lot! In the picture, you can kind of see that it is uneven, but you can only tell when you are looking very closely.

Also Oh My Goodness! I couldn't believe how bad my cuticles had gotten, it had only been a couple weeks since the last time I pushed them back, but Wow! I took care of them before I took the picture but they were a wreck! I recommend pushing your cuticles back before you paint your nails it is much easier! Also, I'm sure most of you know this, but if you paint your nails with cuticles on your nail bed the polish doesn't last as long because polish is meant to stick to nails, not skin!! Well now that I am way off topic I really did love this polish, and I will use it again and I won't apply the Drip Dry in between coats because I feel like that is what affected the polish!

Alright Dearies I Hope You All Have a Wonderful Day!!

If you have any comments, questions, concerns, or suggestions just let me know in the comments below. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment