Thursday, April 7, 2016

New Planner! The BIG Happy Planner 2016-2017

I'm soo excited I just got a new planner from Michaels! I bought my first planner last year before my freshman year of college, I thought it would help me be more organized. It definitely has, it makes it easier to plan my days. One of my main things I want to do this year is use my planner more and rely on it more for organizing my life. I want to plan out posts to this blog as well as schedule my work days. I want to start an online business on Etsy with my own line of nail polish and that will definitely help with planning orders and what not, I haven't decided what the name is going to be, but when I figure it out I will let you know.



I went to Michaels today I had three coupons only valid for today! 25% off one skein of yarn, 50% off one washi tape, sticker or embellishment by Recollections, and finally 40% off one regular priced item! I had one skein of yarn pick out, I had my washi tape in the cart, I always use washi tape in my planner, which got me thinking "does Michaels have planners?" Yes, yes it does! I was looking at The Happy Planner by Me and My Big Ideas, it was priced at $34.99 but I used the 40% off and the total was $22.25 which is a GREAT price for any planner like this. My last planner was $29-30 dollars I don't exactly remember.

My old planner
My last planner, which I also loved, is At-A-Glance Academic Planner. It goes from July 2015-June 2016, each month is tabbed and has plenty of space for every day to write out your schedule. Each weekday is labeled 7 in the morning-8 in the evening, with space to write what you need to do in that time. The weekends are one weekday column split into two these are unlabeled lined sections. This planner is not expandable. One thing I just realized I was not a fan of was that the weekends were smaller than the weekday, even though generally my weekends are generally busier than my weekdays. Also my day never starts at 7 in the
Comparison of the weekdays from New to Old
morning, but usually more towards 9 or 10 in the morning, and I generally have stuff planned for after 8 in the evening. So I have space wasted and I'm in need of space elsewhere, like at nights and on weekends. Since this was my first real planner that wasn't free from an event or my school this was a great starter and wasn't very expensive.

My new planner starts in July 2016 and goes through December 2017, that's 18 months for people that don't feel like counting. This planner is also expandable, you can buy expansion packs for budgeting, to do lists, meal planning, or just blank planner pages to make it last longer. Each month is tabbed in a different color and there is beautiful artwork throughout the planner. The binding is made up of these weird plastic discs that have hearts in the middle. This is the cutest planner I have ever seen!

At the beginning of each month, there is a page to write birthdays goals, and what you are reading, watching, crafting, etc. For each week, there is space to write in every day, including weekends! There are no times on the side limiting when you are able to schedule, this planner is roughly the same size as my old one, but a bit thicker, because the pages are thicker material and there are 6 more months in my new one. I got the larger size of this planner there is a smaller version, this one is 8.5" by 11" and the smaller is  7.75” x 9.75”, this smaller on is also only $29.99. I got the bigger one because I like to write really big! I didn't want to worry about running out of room.

I know I am a little ahead of the game with this planner, but it was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up! I hope maybe in the future when I use this planner I can do a post about how exactly I organize my life and what my planner looks like.


Alright Dearies I Hope You All Have a Wonderful Day!!

If you have any comments, questions, concerns, or suggestions just let me know in the comments below. :)


 Here is the link to the Happy Planner Website: http://shop.meandmybigideas.com/collections/create-365/products/18-month-8-5-x-11-planner-july-2016-dec-2017-stay-golden

No comments:

Post a Comment