Monday, March 27, 2017

Weekly Nail Obsession #11: China Glaze Pink or Swim, Product Review



This is one I wrote a while back, then I got really busy and forgot to post it. Honestly, looking back at these pictures I think that the polish looks really good. But continue reading to find out how I really feel about it.


My Original Post from back in May 2016:

This is China Glaze's Pink or Swim from the House of Colors Spring 2016 collection. This polish is a creme baby pink color.

I went to Sally's and purchased Pink or Swim and also Don't Be Shallow, which is a baby blue polish. I started with Don't Be Shallow and I was amazed by how difficult it was to apply. This polish was so thick and gummy it made it very difficult to use, it's kind of a sheer creme polish. Because it is sheer it needed 3 coats to cover all streaks. It was so thick that it was running off the sides of my nails even though I was trying to do very thin coats of the polish.

So I gave up on Don't Be Shallow, angrily took off my polish, and switched to Pink or Swim. I thought maybe I was just having a bad day or something and forgot how to paint my nails. It turns out it wasn't my application, it was just the polishes, I have never been the biggest fan of China Glaze's formulas, but these two are by far the WORST I have ever used. Don't Be Shallow was definitely worse, but I think I was just more careful with the Pink or Swim. I thought maybe my bottles were defective, but I watched jessFACE90's video on YouTube, and she also said that these two were a troublesome pair.

I loved the final product of China Glaze Pink or Swim, but I think that they are such a basic color that the whole product has to be dazzling in order to be worth it. Baby pinks and blues are so common that I think your money is better spent on a different polish.

Alright Ma' Friends, Have a Peculiarly Wonderful Day, Leave a Comment Down Below, and Be Sure to Check Back Often For More Interesting Posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment