Friday, July 17, 2015

Ulta-Target-Walmart Haul


So recently I have gone a little crazy with buying beauty items. Some things I have been on the lookout for a while and others I saw and wanted to try. I believe this haul cost me a total of around $40-50. It is a pretty good sized haul since the most expensive object I bought was $6. I am genuinely impressed with most everything I bought.


The first things that I purchased was the Rimmel London Provocalips 16 HR Kiss Proof Lip Colour and Ulta Double Duty Lip Stain and Balm in shades I'll Call You and Romance. I love both of the colors of these the first one is a deep rose pink and the Ulta brand is more a natural bright pink it, it is a brighter version of my natural lips. Both really do last for a long time, I ate when I had this on and it barely came off. I did the kiss test with both and neither came off much and left very little residue.




The Provocalips comes in two steps both are glosses and come with the normal lip gloss sponge applicator. The first step is Intense Color it is the way you stain your lips so be careful when applying. The second step is Lock and Shine, it is a clear gloss, do not skip this step! I did a swatch test and only applied the clear gloss to one half of the color and when I blotted with a tissue the side with the gloss left no color residue. I also didn't apply it once when I wore it and it didn't last nearly as long as when it was on. The reason I was interested in lip stains is because I don't like sticky glosses or having thick lipsticks on my lips. This is why this product is great it feels a little goopy and thick at first but after a minute of drying and blotting with a tissue it feels like your lips. This retails for $6.99 but was on sale for $5.99.

The Ulta Stain has a marker applicator, similar to the size of a sharpie marker. I thought it would be weird, but after using it once I was in LOVE with it it was so simple to apply and looks fantastic. This is my favorite of the two because it is a little more subtle and more natural looking for my lips. If you are in the mood for a bold lip than this one is not for you. This is also the one that feels more natural on your lips after it dries it doesn't feel as heavy as the Provocalips does. The other end is just a slightly tinted lip balm, it is also very nice. This retails for about 7 or 8 dollars, it was on sale for $3.



So onto the next thing I purchased, I totally forgot that I purchased this so its not in the first picture. This is the Ulta Double Duty Primer and Foundation, mine though is not in the shade Rich Mocha, mine is in one of the lighter shades Natural Beige. I have only used this once because I want to wait until its not so hot out. I did like a lot though, it was very thick but it went on like a dream! I used my Beauty Blender to apply it in a little bit of a thinner layer than if I had used my foundation brush. I did like that I didn't have to use a primer though. This usually retails for about $12, but it was on sale for only $5 so a great time to try out a new product.



Oh my word this might be my favorite thing I found, These are the NYX Above and Beyond Full Coverage Concealer in the colors Green and Yellow. Now that may sound a little strange, but if you haven't heard of color correcting, you have been missing out!! The yellow based concealer cancels out any darkness like dark circles under the eyes, also any age spots. The green concealer cancels out any redness, from acne or any other irritations. These little pots of concealer have tons of product and you don't need much. 

I bought these because I had been using the NYX Color Correcting Palette with green, yellow, purple, pink, a highlight shade, and a contour shade. I absolutely loved it, but because it was a palette it had very little of each of the six colors I went through the green and yellow quite quickly. I was gonna buy a whole new palette, but that cost $12 and I only ran out of two colors. I was browsing the NYX section at Ulta and I saw these little pots of concealer and I love any make up that is in the pots so I looked closer and I found out they had all the colors that were in the pallet but with tons of product! I was so excited and they only cost $4.99 each! Even better it was buy 1 get 1 50% off so I only paid $3.74 each. 


This is the first thing I got from Target, it is the Up & UP Skin Firming Bronzing Lotion in shade Fair to Medium. It was 5 or 6 dollars for the huge tube. I like this lotion although I haven't used it much. I tried a patch on my hand and leg to see how dark it made it and it only slightly changed the color and wasn't orange at all. I believe this is a build-able product, but I haven't used it enough to tell you if it is or not

The very next product is an Elf eye shadow it is a brown based palette. The top color is a base it is a very light cream. The next down is the lid color it is a dark brown, the second from the bottom is a more chestnut brown meant for the crease. The very bottom color is meant for a liner and it is a very dark deep brown. I like the colors in this palette, but it is not my favorite eye shadow. It came with a sponge applicator, I never used it and the very bottom section is a mirror so you can apply it on the go. It was about $2.

One of my most interesting finds was the Elf Concealer Brush it only cost 1 or 2 dollars, but it really does work wonders when trying to cover an imperfection. It is very small and therefore very handy. Because it is a brush you can be very precise when applying the product.

These two lovely items I purchased at Walmart. The NYC Instant Lash All Purpose Mascara was $1 and I bought it for my little sister and I tried it out and it worked alright, it was not my favorite. But it is good enough for a junior higher. I also bout the Wet n Wild Coloricon Kohl Liner, in the color Taupe of the Mornin' I bought this to use on my brows, not as an eyeliner. I really like it although it looks really light brown maybe even closer to a dirty blond it goes on the brows way darker. It matched perfectly to my brown hair.


Here is a swatches of each of these products (minus the Foundation). The first from the left, is the Provocalips with the clear gloss on the top half. The second is the Ulta with the balm on the top half. The third is the Nyx yellow concealer followed by the green. Than we have the Wet n Wild Kohl Liner. Then there is a little blank spot that is the start of the Elf eye shadow with the base and down to the darkest color. I did do a swatch of the bronzing lotion but you can't see it although since I did it yesterday I can see it today and it looks nice, slightly tan.


This is the Mega Protein Waterproof Mascara from Wet n Wild, I did a whole review on this product and I love it!!!




I needed some new clear coat and a new white for painting my nails, the ones I had before were either to goopy to use or I had lost them. I just wanted to find some cheap alternatives that would work in a pinch. The Pure Ice was Clear and cost $1.97. The Wet n Wild Wildshine only cost $.93.


This is quite possibly the most unexpected thing I bought, I remember a few years ago I was in my chemistry class. My teacher was talking about this thing he used to stop bleeding when he had nicked himself while shaving. I was very interested in this he explained to us how it worked and what the chemical composition of it and I knew I needed it. It was called a Styptic Pencil. I looked for weeks after that and couldn't find one and I forgot about it. I was casually shopping around Walmart and found this awesome product by HIS A Gentleman's Brand. I was so excited because I cut myself every time I shave my legs. I have shaved twice since I have purchased this and I haven't cut myself at all. Funny how that works.

This is my absolute favorite thing I have bought and I am genuinely excited about it. It is a Tinker Bell Beach Towel. I am really excited about this, Tinker Bell is my absolute favorite Disney character I have seen all of the movies and I LOVE them. I can't even tell you how much I love it and it was only $8.50 a great deal for such an adorable towel. Now the towel is not the best it is a little thin but very soft.

So this is all I have bought in the last couple of weeks I hope you found it to be enlightening and just leave a comment down below if you liked it and if you have any suggestions of what I do next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment