Monday, January 11, 2016

I Went To College!!

So I know it has been a long while since I last posted, but I went off to college and that was a ridiculously time consuming task. :) Although I have been completely absent from writing this blog, I have been delving deeper and deeper into a major nail polish addiction!!!

Over the past couple months I have moved from cheap nail polish to more expensive nail polish. It has become quite an obsession for me. For a while, I couldn't go into the store without buying a nail polish. I was painting my nails 2 or 3 times a week. I think it was because I was bored, I didn't have much homework and I didn't have a job. I had a lot of free time on my hands and began painting my nails and getting more and more creative.



I recently bought a Peel-Off Base Coat from UNT, I absolutely love it, although I don't use it that much. It really does peel off like a dream, though. I find that I am too rough to allow me to where this for more than a day or two. But when just trying out a design you are not completely sure you will love, it is perfect.

Stamper Set
I have always been curious about this thing called nail stamping. If you haven't heard of it, it is an easier way to get intricate designs in your nail art but you don't have to free hand paint. I wouldn't say it is a super easy way to do your nails, because it does take some practice, but it is really fun to do. I bought all three of these products off Amazon.
Stamping Plate 1


The first product is  I bought was the Konad Double Side Stamp Set. This product came with a double-sided stamper, with a small stamper and a large stamper. The other item included is the scraper, it is used to scrape off the excess nail polish from the stamping plate. I also bought two stamping plates, the first one has many different types of designs, from smiley faces to animal print. It is nice because you can use it in many different kinds of nail art designs. I also bought one with a mostly lace theme. I liked this one because it is very elegant.
Lace Stamping Plate

Another nail item I recently tried was 100% acetone nail polish remover. Ohh my goodness!! Why have I not been using this my entire life???? It is soooo much better than regular nail polish remover. It is the same price as regular remover, but a million times better, I bought mine from Meijer (the link will take you to the page). It was 16 oz and only $2.79. It is a huge amount of remover since you use way less than what you would normally use!!

In other life news, I recently found out that I have a gluten sensitivity and I can't eat wheat, rye, sprouted wheat, spelt, and other various types of gluten. Which really is unfortunate, but I have been feeling so gross the past couple months and hopefully this is the reason. I thought it was going to be really hard because I am in college and I can't eat gluten and I have always been a lactose intolerant, but the past couple weeks haven't been too bad. I ate at a restaurant and for the first time in a long time my stomach didn't start attacking me right after I finished eating. Its not like a typical diet, because you choose not to eat a certain type of food on a "diet," but with this kind of diet, you can choose to eat gluten or lactose. But after eating you have to deal with the consequences, you are more inclined to not eat that specific kind of food if you feel terrible after you eat it.

Well I think that is good for today, I hope you enjoyed my writing, if you have anything you would like me to review or anything that you want to tell me be sure to right a comment down below. Have a great rest of your day lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment