Saturday, January 16, 2016

Changing My Life Direction

As a Freshmen in college I have had a lot of new in my life. I have moved away from home, I have had to learn to live in a small space with another person and how to be a good roommate. I have failed an exam, I have met tons of new people and made a few new friends that I feel will be life long friends. I have had to learn to walk everywhere. I have had to learn to be a self-motivator and actually get my self out of bed in the morning. I have had to learn how to save my money and not spend my money even when I really want something. I have learned to be honest with myself and where I want my life to go.



My entire life (meaning from junior high onward) I have always been interested in the medical field. Over the years, I have wanted to be a Neonatal Nurse, a Neonatologist, a Midwife, and finally going into college I wanted to be an Obstetrician Gynecologist. I loved interesting facts about the human body, I thought it was the perfect job for me. I loved Grey's Anatomy and my cousin and I would even watch real surgeries online. I was never grossed out about blood, and if someone around me got hurt I would go into "Dr. Mode" and help when everyone else was freaking out. I thought it was the perfect job for me.

During Junior year in high school I took Anatomy and Physiology at a community college in town. I had trouble paying attention and I got a 70% combined score for parts I and II. I thought that I would love that class, but I hated it. I didn't do well and I could never get interested in the subject matter. I kind of ignored that feeling of unrest and still proceeded with my previous plan of college and then medical school. During senior year I took a college microbiology class, it was terrible. I had to go to regular school during the day and then hurry over to the college then I would sit and struggle through that class. I had class on Monday and Wednesday, on Wednesday after class I would then hurry off to church right after. That means that I would be in school (or at church) from 8 in morning till 8 or 9 at night with no break! It was terrible, I was stressed out every day and dreaded Wednesdays especially.

I sat down and talked with my mom and asked her if I could drop that class (I didn't even need it to graduate) and she said that it was up to me. I decided I didn't want to be stressed out everyday and overwork myself for my senior year, so I dropped that class.

After I graduated from high school in May 2015, I went off to college and my first semester I took Intro to Chemistry and Biology I. I hated my biology class it was mostly about cells, I just didn't care, I thought for sure I was gonna fail. I ended up getting an 80% overall, which I was thrilled about! I kind of enjoyed my chemistry class, but nothing to write home about! I thought was gonna do okay in chemistry, but then I ended up getting a worse grade than in biology. I was very surprised by how terribly I did in that class.

For a long time I have been thinking that I shouldn't be a doctor, but I couldn't think of anything else to do. During senior year I took Accounting at my high school, and I loved it! We would be assigned homework and I would be excited! Sometimes my teacher would threaten to give us homework as a punishment and I would be happy. Doing the homework for accounting gave me a sense of peace and enjoyment.

I had a sense of unrest for a very long time over the major I had chosen (Biomedical Science), I just did not know what to do. I talked with my mom and I thought she was going to be disappointed and hate me. She took it well (even though in my head I knew she would), she thought that it was a good idea to change my major.

financesonline.com
The next step was to talk to my academic adviser She said it wouldn't be too difficult to change my major, since it was the first semester. I was ecstatic, for a very long time I have been worried and felt that I wasn't going the right direction. I was always stressed about my life. I couldn't think ahead v
ery far without getting anxious and worried. Now after talking to my adviser and changing my major to Business Undecided I feel much better. Although I'm thinking about doing Accounting and Finance I just didn't feel like officially declaring my major.

Now that I have changed my major and the direction of career and my life, I feel sooooo much better! I am so excited to finish out this semester so I can get into actual Accounting classes!!


Alright Dearies I Hope You All Have a Wonderful Day!!

If you have any comments, questions, concerns, or suggestions just let me know in the comments below. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment