Friday, January 29, 2016

TJ Maxx Haul

After being at school for a few months I have probably walked outside more than I have in the past couple years. To get to most of my classes I have to walk at least a half a mile and sometimes I take that walk to or three times in one day. It was kind of annoying the first semester when it was hot and gross outside. But living in Michigan the hot and gross weather is only temporary, it is then replaced with a terrible bone chilling cold.

It was never a problem in the past because everywhere I went I drove in a warm car and parked up close. In high school I didn't even have a real coat. I just wore sweat shirts all the time and walked quickly when I was outside. Since I have been at college I have bought  a new coat and boots. I didn't even think about scarves and hats until the first below zero day! My ears were so cold I thought they were gonna fall off. My face hurt it was so cold, it felt like it was sun burnt it was so stiff.



Over the weekend a couple of weeks ago I went to TJ Maxx and took advantage of their clearance hats and scarves. I bought a total of four items 2 hats, a headband, and one scarf.

The first hat I got is a knitted cable hat with a pom-pom on the top. It is dark grey on the bottom and cadet grey (lol I googled blue grey and thats what came up) on the top. I love this hat because it has a pom pom and its totally adorable! I like that it goes with most of my clothes because I own a lot of black and grey. This hat was $4.99.

The next hat I got is a grey hat with white in it, almost like a tweed kind of color, but not the texture of tweed. This is my favorite item out of the four things I bought. I have been wearing it any chance I get. AKA everyday my hair doesn't look like a rat's nest lol. This one was only $4.00.

My next favorite thing is a purple and black headband. It is really cute and I like that it is two different colors split half and half! It is very unique and I wear this every day that I have bad hair days! Which happens a lot more often than not haha. This head band was $4.00.


The last item I purchased was a black and grey infinity scarf. This is literally the softest scarf I have ever worn. It is fluffy and huge, it is really warm too, I have only warn it once since it is so warm. It has not been cold enough to wear yet! This huge scarf was only $4.99.

This last hat actually wasn't from TJ Maxx at all. I crocheted it a really long time ago, but it was way to big on the top and made me look like I had a cone head. It was hysterical to look at, but then I
had an idea! I could make it into a slouchy hat!!! So I took the little tail from the beginning of my hat (I never even finished it because it was so ugly haha) and I pulled down the hat to where I liked it and "sewed" it down.

Overall it was a great haul and I loved everything that I got!!! Now finally my ears can be warm and my winter wardrobe is finally complete!!

Alright Dearies I Hope You All Have a Wonderful Day!!

If you have any comments, questions, concerns, or suggestions just let me know in the comments below. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment