Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Ready To Come Home

I keep telling everyone the usual when they ask how I like college, "Oh it's going great, I love it there, my classes are great I love them, yep everything is just great!" But in reality, I don't love it here, I don't love my classes, and everything is not great. Don't get me wrong, I don't absolutely hate it here, but I also don't really like being here. I would rather be at home. My first final is tomorrow then I am going home for like five days until my next exam. I'm not trying to be a brat or a drama queen, but I just don't want to be here anymore. I'm sure this college works for tons of people, but just not for me.


I like my roommate, I just don't like living in the same room as another person, there is nowhere to escape people. I am an introvert and having a person in the room with you 24/7 is pretty stressful. I also like to be able to go places and if you leave campus and lose your parking spot it is hard to get another spot close to the dorms. During the day, it isn't too bad, but for me I like to go out at night, I am a night owl and this school does not allow me to be active like I am at home.

I know I haven't done one of these life updates in a while so here goes. After I changed my major to accounting, I have felt a huge burden be lifted, but I had something else that has been bothering me! Finances! I want to get through college debt-free, I don't plan on getting a credit card or taking any loans (Thanks! Dave Ramsey), so that makes it a little bit more difficult to get through 4 years of college even with scholarships and a job.

This semester I was taking Calculus and I was not doing well at all, I knew that I probably would not pass and it is necessary for a 4-year degree at this college. This summer I was planning on taking 2 classes at the community college just to catch up on my major, but I started thinking since my mom works at that college maybe I would stay at home for a year and get all of my Gen Eds done. I had been thinking about this for most of February, and at the end of the month was our spring break and I wanted to talk to my mom about. I waited till our break was almost over before I said anything to her. I don't know what I was expecting, but she was completely supportive of me. After break was over I started researching degrees at the community college and found one that I liked. I brought up the idea to my mom that maybe I would stay and get an associates degree and then get a job and then go back to a 4-year school. Once again I was really scared that she was going to be mad at me or something, but she said that she was going to suggest it, but didn't want to force me into anything I didn't want to do.

After this, I was 100% sure that I was staying home, but I didn't tell anyone I was sure, I just made it seem like I was still thinking about it. I felt so much better after I had decided,  I never thought this is where my life would be heading, but yet I feel so good about my decision.

I thought after 2 years at home I would go back to this school, but when I talked to financial aid, they said that I would not be able to get very many scholarships because I already got them for my freshman year. So it looks like I will not be coming back here, which makes me a little sad, but I am mostly excited for what the coming years hold for me. With the money I am saving at home I will be able to afford my own car and I am so excited, because I have been using my parents' old vehicle a 1999 Ford Expedition, his name is Wilhelm III, or for short Willy 3. I also have a lot of plans for this blog, I am also hoping to start my own Indie nail polish brand!

Wow! That was really long and wordy I am so sorry!!


Alright Dearies I Hope You All Have a Wonderful Day!!

If you have any comments, questions, concerns, or suggestions just let me know in the comments below. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment