Monday, April 18, 2016

Wet 'n' Wild French White Creme VS. OPI's Alpine Snow

This weekend I had a lot of free time because my roommate went home for the weekend. So I had time to do whatever I wanted! I could have gone to a party, I could have done something bad and never have to tell my parents. But being the lame-o I am, I painted my nails with like 20 different polishes. But I got to do something I've been wanting to do for a really long, I got to show you guys why I like Wet 'n' Wild's French White Creme as much as I do. I also did swatches of some of my nude, silver, and grey polishes, and as always when I have a lot of time, I did some nail art. All those posts will be along in the coming weeks, but it will take me a while to get used to being home from college. Oh yeah, did I mention it's also finals week!? My last day is this coming Monday, the 25th!



I decided that I wanted to show you why French White Creme is my favorite white polish. I compared it to OPI's Alpine Snow. I did three coats of each just to show you what it looks like. First, I started off with UNT Peel Off Basecoat so I didn't have to destroy my cuticles with acetone. I really do like this basecoat it's really nice and easy to use and it also dries really fast!

As I did the first coat of these polishes you can see that I painted every other finger with French White Creme and then with Alpine Snow. On the first coat, French White Creme left some streaks, but very few and if you're planning on doing nail art on top of it,
One Coat
one coat is usually good enough, but Alpine Snow is very streaky and isn't even completely opaque in one coat. French White Creme has a thicker formula which allows it to be opaque in one coat. I tried to do thin coats to be fair so it did not completely cover. Alpine Snow has a thinner formula and will not cover in one coat even if you do a really thick coat. Even though you can definitely see that French White Creme wins I kept going just to be thorough.
Two Coats

On the second coat, French White Creme is completely opaque and Alpine Snow is almost there, and if I was doing nail art I would not do a third coat, but I would definitely do a third if I was wearing it alone. I went ahead and did a third coat to try and smooth out the Alpine Snow and the third coat definitely did help. I did not end doing a top coat because my Seche Vite is almost out and I haven't bought a new one yet.

You can definitely see the difference on the middle finger. Here's the picture of the third coat:
Three Coats

Alright Dearies I Hope You All Have a Wonderful Day!!

If you have any comments, questions, concerns, or suggestions just let me know in the comments below. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment