Friday, April 29, 2016

Sail Away With Me Mani, Anchor Accent Nails

Wow were my nails short!!
As I said in a previous post, I had a lot of time a couple weekends ago for nail polish and other blog related things, so here is my favorite thing I did. I have been wanting to do sailor nails for a really long time, but just haven't gotten around to it. I found the inspiration when I did my snowman nails back in December before I began writing again. When I used the darkest blue in the ombre it immediately reminded me of the perfect shade of sailor stripe blue. Since it was the middle of winter, I didn't think that sailing nails would be appropriate. I have been waiting for months to do these nails and I think they ended up beautiful. I ended up wearing them for about a week and they didn't chip start chipping until maybe the last day.



First, I started off with OPI's Chip Skip, I believe that is a nail dehydrator and that helps make nail polish stick to your nails longer. Then I added OPI's Nail Envy as a base coat. I did one coat of Wet 'n' Wild's French White Creme on all five of my nails. I hadn't exactly decided what I was going to do so I just started with a white basecoat as I always do. My next step was to do the stripes, I used striping tape that I got a while ago from Sally's, I evenly spaced out the thin lines and  then painted one layer of Thinking of Blue from Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure.

My next step was to figure out the anchor I made a GIF showing how I made the anchor I figured it would be easier than explaining exactly what order I did it in. I did this on my ring finger and in blue, then I painted my thumb with Thinking of Blue and used French White Creme to make another anchor.

I painted my pinky nail with Thinking of Blue. I looked at my nails and I couldn't figure out what to do on my index finger because it was just plain and white. I looked through my polishes and found a really old one I got for Christmas forever ago, Pure Ice's Strapless. It is a beautiful dark blue glitter, the glitter is very fine, I think it is suspended in a blue jelly, but I'm not sure. This has got to be one of my favorite glitter polishes I have used in a while.  I finished this manicure off with Seche Vite Dry Fast top coat.

Alright Dearies I Hope You All Have a Wonderful Day!!

If you have any comments, questions, concerns, or suggestions just let me know in the comments below. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment