Monday, April 11, 2016

Weekly Nail Obsession #6: Finger Paints Matisse's Mirage

I sat staring at my nail polish the other day for a good five minutes, picking one up and then putting it back down, I couldn't figure out a color that was right for my mood and the time of year. It's already April, I can't believe it! I have two more weeks of college left and then I'm going home for the summer! It's so weird to think that a couple of months ago was my first day of college and a few before that I was in high school freaking out about college! Growing up is weird. In those few months, I have developed quite a nail polish addiction, I believe I have 140ish polishes now, which is pretty crazy to me because before this year I probably had twenty! My mom says I'm crazy, but she says she would rather me be addicted to nail polish than drugs or alcohol.


Part of the huge Sally's Haul (Click Here)
After thinking about my life and how I got here, I felt like I was in a pink mood and decided to go with Matisse's Mirage by Finger Paints. It is a beautiful bright pink polish that I got in a huge Sally Beauty Supply haul! Matisse's Mirage is the second one from the left. This polish was different than what I thought it was going to be when I bought it. It turned out to be a neon polish, which means that when applied to a naked nail it is more translucent than creamy. To get a neon polish to look like what the bottle looks like you should apply a white base coat first and then the polish.


First, I applied OPI's Nail Envy, because my nails have been breaking and staining lately, and then one coat of OPI's Alpine Snow. After that had dried I applied two coats of Matisse's Mirage and I was about to apply Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat, when I realized it was a bit streaky. I applied a third coat of Matisse's Mirage and called it good, applied my top coat and some cuticle oil and Voila! all done! In the bottle this polish looks like a deep bright pink, if that makes sense, on the nail it looks almost coral and I really liked the way it turned out.


Alright Dearies I Hope You All Have a Wonderful Day!!

If you have any comments, questions, concerns, or suggestions just let me know in the comments below. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment